Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Today I get to pick up "Finding Nemo" at the Disney Store! Cheesy as it may seem...I am so excited and could use a little laughter right now. As I continue to read the posts and tributes to Yac...he will be sorely missed for a very long time.

Rob misunderstood my message on Friday and didn't quite hear who I meant. When he followed up with me yesterday he was just as much in shock as I was. He was a fan of "The Door" (SO Rob) and said that he had a friend who was always on the fringes of his faith and that when Yac had "The Door" that is often what kept his friend going. I LOVE when Rob shares that personal stuff with me. Which, he does more and more.

Last week, as I was yet again going through the abuse scenario...he told me when he was in Jr. High he was on Greyhound on his way to visit relatives. I told him I used to do that as well...but I was like 7 and 8...he was stunned. Anyway...he said he was sitting next to this guy carrying a large Bible and seemed friendly enough at first and toward the last couple hours of the trip...Rob realized what the guy was really AFTER. So, when I talk about the nausea and fear...he said he understands a little what it must have been like (times a whole lot more) for me.

The one good thing about moving back into my mom's house is that it does keep me accountable as far as food is concerned. I even went grocery shopping yesterday! I need to pick up a few more thing and start doing menus again...but I have been pretty much on track the last few days. Toni will be happy.

No comments: