Sunday, November 30, 2003

Today was one fo those days I wanted to quit my job. I wanted to simply walk away and let the kids in the Nursery fend for themselves. I wanted to walk into the Fireside Room and rant and rave about how everyone promises to serve and yet I find myself in the Nursery and having to cancel the Three Yead Old class because the person who was supposed to sub in the Nursery "forgot."

I wanted to walk out the doors and not come back until people realized that Advent shouldn't be just a "me" planning thing...but coopoerative with Adult Christian Ed. and Youth. That the whole thing as it is INTERGENERATIONAL classes shouldn't come out of the Children's Ministry Budget only AND that they bumped me to part-time and...and...and...

So, it was a bad day. We all have them and then day after tomorrow I go back to the office and I go on to the next thing and get ready for January and what needs to be done next Sunday. I don't need anyone to tell me how to react or how to feel...I just needed to vent. I made the mistake of trying to vent to my mom. She makes me listen her her woes enough I thought (mistakenly) I could get equal vent time. Nope! She swore at me among other things...and basically told me it was my fault.

If I could have cut right then and there I would have...but I couldn't. I called Rob and told him I was barely hanging on and that my mom was dragging me to Target. And, my mom who thinks buying me stuff is better than listening to me...did buy me a top...story of my life!

Stop the world I NEED to get off!

No comments: