Thursday, August 02, 2007

Whoooooooooo....

Not sure if I mentioned it here earlier, but during VBS I did something to my lower back. I was fine...up and down ladders, up and down stairs, dancing/running around like an idiot (and having fun), etc. I got home and took a nap and when I got up...pain...lots of pain. The pain has not stopped since.

During PYT I had to ask for my small group room to be changed. The interesting thing abut that is I now had a different group of kids. We hadn't done small groups yet, but it is weird to think that this group wasn't my original group...whoever they are! Anyway, that helped a little as well as my roomie giving me some ibuprofen, but I still spent a lot of time in pain.

Came home...no change. Last Thursday I finally gave in to my mom's nagging and we headed to the ER. The MD said it wasn't my sciatic nerve (not sure I agree with it) but it was some nerve and so it's kind of a wait and see thing. They took X-rays to have some sort of baseline (and they found some arthritis in my spine), gave me a shot and a pill and sent me home with three medications to be filled. One is a muscle relaxer, one is an anti-inflammatory and the other is a vicodin/tylenol combo. Not really helping. I took yesterday off so I could take the meds regularly to see if that would help. Nope. Next step is to call Urgent Care for a follow up and see what happens.



I am currently at work and I had to take all three meds. No way could I go until late tonight. Why late tonight? No matter how much pain I am in, NOTHING is keeping me from seeing tonight's Angels game against the A's. The drive to Oakland and back is going to cause a lot of pain, but it will be worth it. This will be my 2nd Angels game this season and I am so excited. I have my PYT t-shirt on right now so I could show Rob and then I am going to home and change into my Angels shirt! Our tickets are MVP Infield tickets at row 20. The only bummer is it's near the A's dug out. I got the tickets on ebay so I spent $50 for the tickets and they are worth more than that. I love going to baseball games with my grandfather so this should be a lot of fun!

Right now I am having fun all by myself because of the meds. Weeeeeeeeeeee....... They should wear off before I go to see Rob. I hope.

No comments: