Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Break!

Next week I am taking off for a couple days and going camping! I still need to pick up a few items...but by and large I am ready to go. I spent a long time on the State Park web site and found available tent camping at one of the beaches a little over an hour away!

I told Rob I wouldn't be coming in next week and he told me, "Sorry, that's not allowed!" Of course he was kidding...but it was funny. I think it may have surprised him because I have never missed an appointment unless I was out of town (or when he is on vacation) and technically, I will be/could be back in town in time...but I decided to skip out so I don't have to rush. He leaves for San Diego in a couple weeks for his annual family vacation and normally I wouldn't want to skip out because I'll miss at least a week (still not sure of his exact dates) and that gives us three sessions between now and then. At least I know he always takes that week.

Tonight I realized that I have been lying. Not intentionally and I don't even think I was aware of it until a couple hours ago. Today we were talking about my mom's attitude about food and how as much as I hate to admit it (literally) it does influence me and it DOES bug me. When I got home and was reading and processing stuff at the same time I realized that "bugs me" is a catch all and that it is more than that. The things she says really hurts me because it shows her lack of understanding and lack of WANTING to understand how damaging things like, "It's too early to eat." This was said at 11:00 AM or "It's too late to eat anything." Said at 7 PM and on and on and on. Maybe SHE needs to see Toni and Toni can tell her to shut up.

And, as I see the attention and $$ she lavishes on the DOG while I struggle to afford treament (i.e. she spent over $150 for a DOG STROLLER)...I want to ask her why in the &%%& did she even have me???

2 comments:

iamnettie said...

I hope you have a wonderful time Camping!!! Love you hun.
Nettie

Adam McLane said...

I too have a mom who seemingly loves her animals as much as me. Afterall, she has a dog website and only a snapshot of me and her grandchildren... at first it did hurt our relationship but I've since grown to appreciate the increased role of her animals reflects my decreased dependency on her. Hard to believe it's been 12 years since I lived with mom! No wonder she needs dogs... who else could she blame? :)