Thursday, July 21, 2005

Update

Thank you so much for your prayers. I was still feeling quite nauseous all day...but was ready for "whatever." I had an idea of what was going to be said and new exactly what I needed to say even if the worst was to happen.

I think the worst might have happened if not for one thing...I pointed out (in front of a member of the Personnel Committee) that the last negative feedback I received was ELEVEN months ago...other than one other little blip (more personnel related (someone else) than how I am doing my job) there has been NOTHING. So, between that and Steve's admission of seeing a renewed energy in CM...they decided on probation until October and we will go from there.

The only thing I really have a problem with is a couple people (though I believe it was only 1) who went to Steve about VBS (negative) and yet were complimentary to my face day after day and not knowing specifics because Steve wouldn't give them to me...only generalities...and that it is expected that there be excitement surrounding CM. Problem...right now there is no area of the church where there is "excitement." Good stuff happening? Yuppers...a lot! But CM isn't the only ministry that doesn't have people lining up at the doors clamoring to get in!

So, Steve and I are going to meet Tuesday to set concrete goals and we'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Mel said...

:) Glad it's not as bad as you expected, don't you just love those anti-Matt 18 people? Chat with you after I get back from the shore

iamnettie said...

Glad things went better then you expected. I am glad you are able to get more time to prove your stuff. Love you hun.