Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy Belated New year!

I so need to be better at this in 2008! I used to blog so much more than I do now. I would have blogged over Christmas and the New Year, but I did something to my connection at home (dial up) and didn't have time to fix it.

I was busy with Walking with Dinosaurs from the 26th-31st. It was pretty amazing. I was positioned in a lot of places where I couldn't see the show (base, will call, vom 116), but twice I was placed where I could see the show and saw it from two of the best spots in the building, 107-109 and vom 113 where I was able to see it from the floor. That was amazing. They may not be real...but as the T-Rex was heading my way, it was easy to forget!

Christmas brought a two week break from Rob which I had mixed feelings about. This happens every year, but I still don't like it. Our next to last session for 2007 wasn't a good one and I over reacted (on paper) to some stuff that happened and we couldn't deal with it until yesterday. The problem with that is I can't 100% remember what I was upset about int he first place. I did tell him what I remembered. I was talking about working on out giftedness and I know I was a little "rambly," but I remember he stopped me and said something about me talking about something important. I told him I thought I was and the session kind of went downhill from there. Our last session was better and I was going to try and talk about what had happened, but I couldn't.

Food, while great for almost three months, has kind of crashed and burned. I went back home after house sitting and I absolutely fell flat on my face and it's been hard to get back on track. One thing I realized is I unfortunately crave structure and the last three weeks have had no real structure. Next week begins a somewhat normal schedule/structure for me and I am really hoping that will help me get back on track. I have some really good smoothie recipes (breakfast) and my PB and banana quesedilla. There is always oatmeal! I'm part discouraged I messed up and part ticked that I did it. Rob had told me it made sense to him going from peace and not a whole lot of stress to coming home and back to chaos. I told him that makes it sound like I am making excuses. He said that no...it was a shock to my system. If it continues for a long period of time...then it becomes an excuse. I see Toni soon so I'll get her take on it!

LATER:

She was okay about it and my plans to get back on track. As we talked I told that even with this slump...the time before this was the longest time outside of treatment I ate regularly. That's actually pretty cool and was encouraging.

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Happy New Year!

EYouthWNY said...

Congrats and happy New Year!
Jay

Brian Vinson said...

That is encouraging... blessings on the new year!