Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Letting it Go...

I just emailed the YP at Hillside and asked my name be taken out of the "final four" for the junior high position. I was excited to make it to the final stage, I wanted to interview for it...but over the last week before Chicago, I began to question my motives and as long as I do that...it can't be right.

Rob and I talked about it during our phone session in Chicago and he pointed out that no one ever has 100% pure motives to do certain things and I get that...but I don't feel good about my motives for this and if I went forward and then got the job, I would hate to have to say no. He was actually trying to talk me out of doing this, but said he'd support me no matter what. When I gave him my decision in session yesterday, he didn't say a whole lot and moved on to something else.

I may end up regretting it, but right now I think it is the right thing to do.

No comments: