Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again...


In my small group we are working through the Bible Studies that are based on PDL. When we started the group last spring, we went through PDL and decided we wanted to stay together and keep going. So, Purpose Driven offers studies based on each purpose and they gor for six weeks each. We are starting with fellowship and I have one thing to say...it really helps that we had been together for a few months because it really digs deep in the sense of us being vulnerable with one another. It's been a great experience.

Part of the study is making a plan on how you are going to live out the five purposes on a daily basis. About two weeks ago as my partner and I were going through the ctegories I was telling her I don't have a non-pais ministry. With us not being able to have a Kids Club this year, I wasn't involved any place else and not all the ministries at church work well with my schedule. I had thought about the Women's Retreat, but when they started planning I wasn't sure if I was going to get the boot or not so I didn't want to jump in there.

Saturday I was out running errands and when I came home my mom told me that my SP had called. That worried me. He has only called me at home a couple times so I thought I did something wrong. He asked me if I could help him and P with Jr. High because he couldn't be there the whole time. Both before and after I was Youth Director here we had the same three Jr. High volunteers...and they are great! The one couple has been doing Jr. High for 11 years and they need to be home right now and stepped down. For the time being our SP is heading Jr. High up with P. Naturally I said yes and was excited because 1. he actually thought of me and 2. it was an answer to my prayer!

Sunday night the three of us met after Jr. High and he asked me if I planned to stay on and I said yes. Yesterday we talked about it after staff meeting and he asked me again and told me that it would have to be volunteer...he'd like to pay me but the church just can't do it. I told him that was fine...I was just happy to be a volunteer! Then I told him on a purely selfish level I didn't want to have to say goodbye to the 5th graders moving up (not that I wouldn't see them...but ti would be different) next year!

I told him about the small group and wanting to find a ministry and S said that he has been so impressed with our small group and what has been coming from it in the life of our church. One of the men in our group has started a Thursday night Men's Bible Study and S also said he just sees a renewed energy from everyone. I hope this prompts him to make the effort to really have small groups in this traditional sense because I think it would be a great thing for our church.

I am looking forward to see what God has in store for us in the next few months!

No comments: