Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Did I Ever Tell You?

I used to roller skate. Nothing major. Before an injury (okay...I broke my tibia, fibula and cracked my femur) when I was 10 I did manage to get my first three dance tests done and passed two of the three required figure tests. I probably could have passed my first freestyle (they don't ask much...or didn't back then), too. After my leg finally healed (I was in a cast from May to August and had surgery) my mom wouldn't let me go back. That, my friends, is why I am a theater geek!

Anyway, as I have been tripping down Memory Lane with Rob the last few weeks this came up. I hadn't talked about it in a very long time. It was a great time in my life (mixed in with some of the abandonment stuff we have been exploring) and had a lot of fun. I miss having my own skates because let's face it...rentals are a fate wrose than death! They have gone up in price so much that unless I plan to take lessons again for fun...it's not worth it.

But, in a little over and hour they have an Open Skate happening where I used to go (three name changes ago) and I think I am going to check it out.

Pray!!!!

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

I wish my scanner worked! I just found a picture of me in my first skating dress! Roller skating!

It was yellow and had shephards plaid or something like that, like check.

I miss roller skating. I would NEVER put on a pair of rollerblades!