Thursday, April 28, 2005

Still Processing

I have been back since Sunday, but am still trying to process everything and get used to being back here.

The last session Rick Warren showed up and it was some things he said that reminded why I was at my happiest and healthiest (well...after Remuda) when I was at Saddleback. He just reminded us of a simple truth and one that I do know...but he reminds the church over and over again of these things and while it doesn't make it all better...it helps.

He was talking about kids and he said, "There are accidental parents...NOT accidental children. God was more interested in creating you than their parenting skills." He went on to say that no matter the circumstances that YOUR parents had the DNA God needed to create you for the ourpose He has for you.

Hearing that was not new. He has said it several times that I can remember...but I forgot about that. Not that it makes being at home easier...but it was a good reminder.

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

You have a definite purpose, and you effect many lives for God.

As I've told you many times ... it was YOU that got through to me to get help. It wasn't just SF. It wasn't just my doctor's blackmail, it was you. I would not be who I am today, without you.

I am not one that believes that if I don't do it, God will find someone else to do the job. I think some jobs are meant just for us, and if we don't do them, they don't get done. If you had not been born ... I might still be where I was 5 years ago (WOW!) when we 'met', or worse, I could be dead.