Saturday, October 01, 2005

Only 27 More Shopping Days...

My b-day is in 27 days...one of my fellow HQ volunteers thought I was 10 years younger than I am...woo hoo!

I think the only reason I thought about my b-day was because I had a few minutes of uninterrupted time with Steven Curtis Chapman in the Green Room. My friend Anna and I used to take each other to concerts for our B-days and he was one of my b-day concerts. He has such a heart for youth workers and I wanted to tell him how much that has meant to me...so it was cool. I felt a little like a dork and wasn't going to go back...but a YS staffer told me I should go back and talk to him...so I did.

Tonight I had from 7 PM on off...and I took it! :) I went to most of the General Session...sat in the Green Room and had my chair rocked by Chris Tomlin...and did what Tic encouarged us to do...look out at the hall from the stage POV...it was awesome and had me in tears. Right before the speaker I left and spent about a 1/2 hour or so in the Prayer Chapel...if you are reading this...please pray for me. There is something I want to do...but still have my tone sitting there for now! I then went out to dinner (I ate THREE meals today...I am still hungry though...ugh) and get a late day tomorrow! I am going through the Labryinth at 8:10 tomorrow morning.

I cannot believe tomorrow is the last full day. Thank God (literally) we don't have to change shirts tomorrow...we get to stay in the same one all day! DCB will lead worship for the rest of NYWC and I am looking forward to that.

Oh...for all of you going to Pitt. and Nashvegas...make sure you make time to go see the One Life Experience!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your birthday is on the same day as mine! It is my golden birthday this year. 28 on the 28th. I tried to figure out who you were today at HQ but I couldn't get a very good view of the name tags.

Enjoy the rest of the conference.

Cathy said...

Deneice,

I wanted to let you know I'm praying for you. I'm glad you've had this opportunity to to volunteer at the conference.