Sunday, July 09, 2006

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!



This week I was fortunate enough to go to the 2nd game of the 4 game series between the Oakland A's and the Angels. Sorry, I REFUSE to call them by their full name. This is my third game this season...one in Anaheim, one at AT&T (thank you interleague play) and this one. I got a single ticket from eBay for a little less than 1/2 of what the person paid for it. I was in section 114, row 9, seat 11. Now, that is right behind the Angel dugout. It may have been row 9...but it was only FOUR rows up from the dugout. OMG!!! I was in heaven!

Lackey absolutely rocked (except for his first pitch...but who cares?)and I got to see Tim Salmon play. Okay, he went 0 for 4...but the fact he is there and on the roster is good enough for me. I have watched him his whole career as he went from Tom "freshly cooked" Salmon to "King Salmon."

They took 3 of 4 and are going into the All Star break 2 games in back of the A's and Rangers and a 1/2 game ahead of Seattle. They needed the wins!

People are generally very nice to me when I go to the games in all my Angels garb. Okay, that consists of a t-shirt and sweatshirt, but they are red and people know where my heart lies. But, I a not obnoxious about my fondness for the Angels and even I know the umpires made some pretty bad calls against the A's and shared that with those around me. Not that those calls caused the A's to lose the game...but they were pretty bad.

Chavez was up for the A's and I told the guys next to me I have mixed feelings because he is on my Fantasy team. That sealed it. They were stunned that a woman would even participate in a league and that kept them from bugging me about like the Angels for the rest of the game.

I am house sitting for the rest of the month and it's nice. A little weird...but nice. This also means I have DSL for the rest of the month and I love that!

No comments: