Sunday, July 16, 2006

Time Flies...

Pool and Praise went well. Seven kids came which is more than usually come to youth group on Sunday nights! Okay, that's because we don't have a ton of Junior Highers...but with the new kids moved up that will change come fall.

Yesterday I was taking Molly out for a walk and walked a mile and a half. This is a good and bad thing. The part of me that liked to overexercise would do this several times a day. However, the weather makes it a moot point. I wore the poor dog out!

On our way back to the house, we passed a Planned Parenthood. Just speaking in terms of rights...PP has every right to be there and the protesters have every right to protest on public property. However, from a 1/2 block away hearing these "well meaning Christians" yell at a client and then getting closer and seeing the PP staff has to have dogs with them, has to block off their property, etc. Well, it just rubbed me the wrong way. That's all I am going to say about that.

I should give up food. 1) I don't need it and 2) I have had the worst luck lately. I decided to buckle down and eat three meals yesterday. I did. But, the chicken I made for dinner didn;t make it BACK to the fridge last night. Ugh. I was so bummed. So, decided to cook the steak I bough the other day. It looked "funny." I checked the "sell by" date. In the trash it had to go. Like I have $$ to waste. I would think this is all subconscious, but I LIKED the way my chicken turned out and I would have been thrilled to have leftovers. Grrrr....

I still need to write my retreat talks. It's all in my head...I just need to get it all on paper!

No comments: