Thursday, July 29, 2004

My Mother is Driving Me BATTY!!!

I know...like this is revelation...but last night/afternoon I had it.

Had taken out turkey burgers to thaw...for the record they have 170 calories and 8 grams of fat.

I grilled them. I was eating one and my mom goes into the kitchen and takes the nutritional info out of the trash and reads it. Let us bear in mind that she has no clue what any of it means which means she should just shut up or take time to learn. Anyway, like any of that mattered. So, I am a little over 1/2 way done with it (and yes...it was the only thing I had eaten to this point in the day) and she tells me,”There sure is a lot of fat in these.” I tried to ignore it...I tried to keep eating...but I couldn’t. I got up and threw the rest of the burger away. I think she got the point...not that I tossed it because of that...there was just no way I could finish it after that. “I’m not saying this for you...I am saying it for me because of all the junk I eat.” Yeah...that is why she keeps accusing me of eating junk and asking me if Toni tells me to stop eating all the junk I have been eating.

I think I did as well as I did eating at Triennium because she wasn’t around to make stupid comments plus the fact that we walked about 6-10 miles a day.

Anyway, I didn’t handle it well last night and I cut before I went to bed. Part of me doesn’t care. I kept trying to remind myself that she has no clue what she is talking about...that after not eating all day that a turkey burger (on a bun) was not going to kill me and there was nothing abnormal about it...but that didn’t work. I DID make some popcorn later...but that probably made it worse and I would have been better off not eating anything else.

No comments: