Thursday, July 15, 2004

So...

My mom bought and elliptical machine the other day. It won't be delivered until next week...but when I get back from Indiana it will be there. Toni is a bit surprised that my mom would do this. My mom does not need to lose weight in any way, shape or form and if anything she should be doing light weight bearing stuff. With all the smoking she does...if she can do a steady half hour I will be amazed. Toni asked me where it was going. I told her the living room and she was not happy about that either. You'd better believe that I am not going to let it just sit there at night when I can watch "Amazing Race" and do cardio at the same time.

It still amazes me my mom can do stuff like this and continue to make comments about food (without knowing why...she hears stuff on the news and at work and follows along). She doesn't get the whole low carb thing and brings home low carb stuff anyway, she doesn't get what does or does not constitute a low fat item and yet she looks at the labels. I am so tired of trying to explain it to her. Allshe knows is that she wants a calorie counter on the elliptical and yet she has NO idea what a calorie is or does or how many calories it takes to equal one pound.

I am glad I won't be there the day it arrives because I really don't want to deal with it yet. My head is at war with itself. Not sure which side is going to win...

No comments: