Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Back to the Grind...

So, here I am...back in the office. I went through my mail, looked at the Vision Team's first report (and considering what I have been told I need to do...there was a lot of favorable comments about some stuff I have in place) and wrote out the vision for Children's Ministry that God popped into my head the day left for So Cal. Time goes by so fast! This time last week I was in Doug's office waiting to get adjusted!

I asked Rachel to leave me a check list of what was done and she didn't do it. I am really annoyed at that because I am not sure what I have to do as far as teachers and stuff for next month. Grrr...argh...

Looking at my document I feel good about it. There is still some of the "hows"and "how much" and "who"to figure out...but with 7 weeks left to prove my worth in this job, I am happy with the beginning.

However, I still have Ron's questions in my head that I need to think about and get on paperand share with Rob. Is paid ministry alwaya going to be toxic for me and why hasit been that way? Am I better off as a volunteer? Was I way off in hearing God 7 years ago? I don't think so. I think I get the job and "make" it toxic because what I think it means to be in paid ministry. So much to consider!

I could work for Murphy tomorrow. I have a place to go if this does not work out. That helps a lot and really takes the pressure off what I am doing here...well...takes the fear away.

No comments: