Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!



Last night my grandfather and I went to a San Jose Giants game and was able to see Benitez pitch one inning...they have been letting him do an inning here and there as he recovers from his injury. Anyway, neither of us had been to a minor league game and truthfully, they were playing Bakersfield, I never saw the point before.

A couple weeks ago mom and I were in Target and they had free tickets at the cash register. I picked up a couple and thought it might be fun. So, we went, I upgraded our seats from the bleachers to box seats and we found ourselves in the front row of the "B" section...close enough to spit on the, had we wanted to. By the 5th inning it was 5-0. The Giants were losing and I was really tempted to leave early and beat out the 2,845 fans still there. In the 6th inning...the Giants came back and scored 6 runs! The final score was 7-6...Giants! Hearing my grandfather sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was worth it!

I am really glad we went bercause it was fun watching the people and watching all the promotions they do between innings or in the middle of innings. And on the way out, we got a loaf of Sara Lee's new whole grain white bread! Take THAT Oakland A's! Hahahaha!

No comments: