Tuesday, August 09, 2005



These three men (well...Brokaw and Jennings more than Rather) were the reason I wanted to become a journalist. Seeing the stuff that went on in my college newspaper newsroom is the reason I decided NOT to!

Growing up, these three have been a staple in my life. While I began my world news viewing with Peter Jennings...it was eventually Tom Brokaw that got my attention. It was nothing Peter Jennings did...but it was our Communications' Department distaste for our local ABC "Eyewitless" news that turned me off.

As I watched GMA yesterday morning and Katie's interview with Barbara Walters...one forgets how one anchor man, sitting in his chair, can take you down memory lane. From the gossipy "stuff" (i.e. I forgot he dated Streisand) to his commitment and love of children...he was a good reporter...even if one didn't agree with him politically.

No comments: