Wednesday, September 28, 2005

NYWC Day 2...

I'm sore, I'm a little sleepy...but I an up and ready to get our final full day of prep going! One of the veteran volunteers said I was the toughest guy they have! That is because I lugged many hundreds of pounds worth of YS product around the store! If you are going...buy...buy...buy! I finally broke down and took a break when I went to lift a 23 pound box and I couldn't do it. So, I collapsed on the floor for about 10 minutes and started back in again and almost finished...if we hadn't been leaving for dinner soon after being excused...I would have stayed and finished.

I hate to say it...but I am actually eating MORE since I have been here. I hate it...but there is no way I could have done what I managed to do yesterday if I hadn't had some fruit and a piece of toast in the AM and a cup of veggie soup at lunch. So, I repeated that today.

Frederick will join me at HQ tomorrow and I told Mindi I have him with me!

I still can't believe I am here...the hard work doesn't bother me, the soreness is a good sore so it's all good and I really love this city!

I admit I have been a YS junkie ever since my first one dat event eons ago and this just feeds that fire...I can't describe it yet...but to be a small part of this team this week is an honor and something I know I won't forget.

Oh...and I get to wear a PINK t-shirt!!!!!!!!! Doesn't take much to make me happy!

No comments: