Friday, September 16, 2005

Trunk & Treat



Okay, I know we are a few weeks away...but have you seen the stores???

Anyway, I before you all tell me how unoriginal I am, I KNOW that. But, I have wanted to do this even the past couple years and now I get to!

This year, we will do our first "Trunk & Treat" event. The reason why I am so excited is because it is in conjuntion with Church in Community and the High School group! :) I have felt that our different ministries and committees don't work together enough on events, outreach, etc. To bring a few of us together will generate enthusiasm and that is awesome!

So, we are going to ask families/ministries/individuals to decorate their cars and then have candy available. As the kids in our area trick or treat, they can come into our parking lot and go from car to car! The cars will be judged and be awarded ribbons.

The High School group will be on the front lawn with candy/balloons and direct people to the parking lot. We will also have a cut out of "something" and then take instant pix for the kids to take home. This is my first attempt at a "large" Children's Ministry event and I hope and pray it we get people who will decorate their cars and make this a fun event!




No comments: