Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Wow...10 days since I last blogged. I really need to get better at this.

Not much has haappened though. I have slipped a few times and finally joined a gym! I am also trying to cook "fun stuff" for myself. I did it for my housemates, but it seems a waste to do it for just me. There is flawed logic in that as it's all part of self-nurturing...so I did a simple bakes salmon with lemon and fresh dill that was killer and it was neat to do that for me...I just need to keep it up. I printed a good 20 recipes off the Food Network site to help with that.

I have an interview with the church in Saratoga next week and I am excited about that. It would be great and sounds tailor made for me. I haven't sent them my resume yet! But, I am local so I can see why they would go ahead and set it up.

Rob is gone this week so I am dog sitting my fave stuffed dog in the world. I hate to give Frederick back though...he's a great extra pillow. I wish I could say I sleep better with him...but ever since I went back to my place, I haven't slept well except for maybe two nights. If I hadn't gone to LIFE I would probably be freaking that Rob is gone...but I am really okay with it and am doing good without him. Basically, that means other than the slips...nothing major has come up!

I am still stressed about my financial situation and I am wating for my SDI papers from Remuda which will help a bit...but I don't know how long I can be where I am rent free. I hate it... the not knowing the not even being able to go buy something just because, etc. Not that I waste $$...but to have to be so careful just so I can go to a movie with a friend next week. Not to mention I have no jeans that fit! But it is even having the $$ for basics like TP, shampoo, etc.

From what I hear through the grapevine...some parents are not happy with me no longer in Youth Ministry here and have called what's going on now a disaster. At least I know I have had some positive impact here. I am proud of what I have done here so if I end up leaving...my only regret is that...that I have to leave. But, being in the same Presbytery...I will be able to see the kids a few times a year.

Rob is always after what is going on inside me (as any good therapist would be) and I hate that much of the time I don't know. Right now I just feel as if I am floating through each day. He also makes it sound as if I can decide not to believe the core beliefs about myself and they will just go away. He also hasn't said much about my other diagnosis they came up with so he either doesn't buy into them or...I dunno.

I miss Aaron. I know we broke the caardinal rule by becoming friends since he is staff...and from what I understand he is really watching it now. He has that kind of personality I clicked with. Neither of us ever lost sight that he was staff, but there was a freindship there. And, while some RLP staff may not beelieve it...that was IT. He's married, he's 8 1/2 years younger than me AND shorter. There was just a lot of commonalities...sports, So Cal, etc.

Hopefully I will hear about being a volunteer at the PHX National Youth Worker's Convnetion this week. That will be sooooo awesome!

I see Toni today so I may have a lot to write about tomorrow!

No comments: