Monday, January 19, 2004

Former RR Patient on American Idol!!!!

So, I am watching American Idol and there is "Scooter Girl." She shares her story that she was one anoretic (70 Lbs) and went to an treatment center in AZ and now she is healthy, beautiful and going to Hollywood! Yee haw!

There are several ED treatment centers in AZ, but of course, the only one that counts is Remuda Ranch! ;) I got online and sure enough, a friend of mine who went to RR after me was IP with "Scooter Girl (Nicole)." How neat!!!

My first thought goes to the adolescents that are in the LIFE program. They get to see very little TV, but when I was there last spring they got to watch American Idol. If she makes it to the group of 20 and further...what an awesome thing for those young ladies to see! Nicole is healthy, beautiful and seems as if she has an AWESOME sense of humor. What a great way to show them that recovery is so worth it for them!

Rob and I had a so-so session. They tend to be that way after a really intense session when I, as he says, have been really "vulnerable." Not sure what he meant...so we kept things a little on the light side...but I see things headed back to sexual abuse stuff. He hasked me if a day has gone by where I don't think about it. I told him that since we quit talking about it, I have tried not to think about it.

This is going to be so hard to start again...I don't ant to go there right now! But I know I have to!

No comments: