Friday, January 23, 2004

Former Therapist in Tikrit

I did a search on Google today on Marc. I know he is in the Middle East so with all that is going on...I really wanted to make sure he wasn't dead! Not only is he not dead, but his name has been in the news for months! I don't know where I have been.

There was a Staff Sgt. that was having a little PTSD after seeing a dead body of an Iraqi and some other stuff. He was sent to see Marc who is heading up the 85th something or other. He gave his recommendation and it was that the soilder have a couple days of no missions, etc. The Army sent the man home and was going to charge him with cowardice. They didn't have a leg to stand on because of Marc's report and I'd like to know where I was because I found reports internationally!

I was hoping he was not in Iraq, but I also know how few Doctors of Clinical Psych the Army has and he also has been interviewed about soilders coming home from leave and combat stress in general. As he said, there is no front and that is hard to deal with.

It's been almost four years since we said goodbye...but my heart does still break about it and I know how God used him to help save my life!

No comments: