Thursday, September 11, 2003

September 11th is a huge topic today...understandably so. It is still hard to believe at times. Although there have been days I wished my grandfather's plane could have made it off the ground in Chicago so he could have gotten home...they probably would have had to touch down the plane someplace else since they had planes landing all over. The LEAST United could have done was told him that if he let them know he had been stuck on 9/11 he could get home faster. What a feeling of complete helplessness with him only 2 1/2 hours away and NOTHING I could do for him.

Last night I started trying to figure out if I have enough meds to do the job. I have no idea...possibly once I get my Ambien refilled. But, by that time, this episode will more than likely be fading and it won't matter anyway because I don't stockpile the stuff...if I need it I take it. I just feel like everything is crashing down around me and I just want out for good.

Toni, my dietitian, did the sweetest thing. She gave me two movie tickets for no reason...just because she knows I love movies! I thought that was so awesome...I still can't believe she would do that out of the blue for me.

No comments: