Thursday, October 23, 2003

I love parents...just not fond of them being a) non-responsive when a problem comes up and b) does not hear what I said.

A couple weeks ago one of the 3rd graders brought some empty shells he picked up with his dad at the shooting range or something like that. he, of course, brings them to church. I ask him to please keep them in his pocket and C is totally cool with it.

Come to find out on Sunday (2-3 weeks later) that he took them out on the playground, J (a K-boy) was all caught up in it and drew pictures of it on the way home. Mom comes to talk to me and I tell her that yes I knew C had them and that he has not brought them back and I asked him not to and was sorry that J saw them. I also said C's mom knew, etc. So, J's mom goes to the SP and says I said we couldn't do anything. Ugh!

So, I called C's mom and reiterated that he not bring the shells to church and to please leave the cap gun at home on Sunday night and call me if she has questions. She takes a "boys will be boys" attitude and so not sure how much will sink in!

No comments: