Sunday, October 19, 2003

Rob is a gift from God. Although, next time I ask him to read my blog for us to discuss...I am going to tell him what to read. He read the whole month of October! Ugh. I mean most of it he KNOWS...but the stuff abolut him. Dang!

So, he also wants me to tell everyone he is not just the voice of truth in my life...but the voice of reason as well.

He also told me he changed his mind...he doesn't want me to leave his business cards for my mom to find! "I want to enjoy my life," he tells me. This came from a tangent when I told him on Monday I need a note from him telling my mom that just because I have had a session with him doesn't mean I am going to be all "happy and peppy" when I come home. I think she befuddles him at times! Join the club!

He also let me bring Frederick home until tomorrow...so he is on my lap as I type. Okay, I am almost 34 years old and am emotionally attached to a stuffed toy...but I know enough that it symbolizes safety and Rob and all that psycho-babble stuff. This weekend it also serves as a safety net because he knows I'll be back.

Rob shared with me yesterday that he does get frustrated with me. FINALLY the man says it! I told him he is one in a long line of therapists that have said that to me. But, I was really glad that he told me that. I know he feared how I'd take it and what I will do with it (push harder and stuff just to make him happy)...but I dunno...it's almost a "relief" to know what goes on in HIS head at times.

We had a 90 minute session...I wish they could all be that long!

No comments: