Sunday, October 05, 2003

So, yesterday was a walk down memory lane and as good of memory as I claim to have...there are things I found that I have NO recollection of whatsoever.

I was cleaning out the dresser in my room to make room for my stuff and anything that I could live without is now in the dumpster at my apartment complex. So, as I took out shawls that I had as a little kid (when is mom going to get it...I am NOT going to have kids...at this rate I am never getting married...I digress), my costume from the anniversary shows at "Aloha Roller Palace," the dress my grandpa brought e from Hawaii when I was maybe 3, a photo album full of awards, etc. I came across a thank you note.

My Senior year in high school I did a lot of "behind the scenes" work in our productions besides being on stage. This generally meant I student directed, worked on the programs with my boyfriend at the time and did whatever else John Healy wanted.

Being the budding journalist I was at the time...I HATED our school superintendant...through the years I am not the only one. Ramon Cortines is an idiot! Anyway, I guess we invited him to come and see "The Music Man," my final production at Lincoln High School. That was fun because I got to help cast the little kid parts and it was just a fun production in general. Anyway, I find this thank you letter to me from Cortines. John must have had me write a thank you letter to him for coming.

One of my former youth also tracked me down. I was so excited to get an email from her. She is one of the first kids I ever worked with. I started out working with her as part of the drama team and we became really close. Then she left the CC, eloped a few years later with some guy and we have lost track on and off. But, she found me and I am so excited to be back in contact with her.

I moved my books and my final two bookshelves yesterday, along with the food I won't need between now and when I move and took over some laundry. I feel like this is taking me forever...but it's really going rather well I think.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard session with Rob. After everything from Thursday and how I handled my end of things afterward...I NEED to stay present and I can't fade away...we'll never get anywhere if I keep that up...I am not sure how much of it is on purpose though. It just kind of happens. I need to fight against Godzilla and send "Bambo" out there!

No comments: