Saturday, October 18, 2003

So, I am sitting at home last night (pre-coming here) and watching a show on VH1 about Eminem. Mykel...I gotta tell ya...I am in a QUANDRY about this man.

The show was great and didn't have a whole lot of new info (and I was SO hoping the man would win the Oscar and was stoked when he did) and I find myself so torn. I look at Phil. 4:8 and think...okay...his music so does not fit that...and I really try and hold myself to that filter in most things I watch, see, hear and read. I'm not perfect...but I do do try.

On the other hand...the man is a GENIUS! He is incredibly talented and not sure if you can find anyone who could truthfully deny that. People that don't especially like him even admit as much.

Ugh...I know it seems silly...but it's like I can't accept that I could even like him...even with the language (the gratuitous stuff...even I think some of it "should" be there for various and sundry reasons) and some of the subject matter.

No comments: