Friday, October 10, 2003

What a day yesterday! I left here and ran my errands (still need a couple
more things I will p/u today). Went to my mom's house to drop off some more clothes and my grandpa was there doing yard work. I put my clothes away, play with the cats and then decide I would go and eat lunch before my appointment with Rob.

I am ready to leave and tell my grandfather I didn't turn the burglar alarm
on so if he needs to get into the house...not a problem. I turn to leave and
the next thing I know...he is falling 6 feet off the ladder. He seems okay
at first...I help him up and we move to a chair on the patio and I hand him
some water. He asks for a towel so I go to get my keys and when I come
back...he is totally ashen, his eyes are rolling up into the back of his
head and he is kinda unresponsive. I call 911 and while I am talking to the
dispatcher he improves...but they come out anyway.

My grandfather being Mr. Stubborn wouldn't let them take him into the ER. I left to see Rob and then was supposed to meet with my dietitian. I drive by our street and his car is still at our house which freaks me out. My
dietitian doesn't show so I rush home and can't find him at first. I finally
find him in the side yard sitting down in obvious pain. He got home okay and I guess took a shower and a Vicodin and went to bed. I'll call in about an hour to see how things are.

Today is his 69th b-day and I need to frost his cake and make chili and
cornbread for tonight.

It was sooooo scary.

At least life isn't boring...but I could have dome without that "little"
incident!

So, I was no help in therapy yesterday...I couldn't focus and nothing Rob said sunk in...I ended up coming back to the office later and emailing my entries from Tuesday and Wednesday. Not that I want to talk about those with him on Monday...but that's what I see him for!

No comments: